Affordable Skiing & Snowboarding Does Exist!
Are you thinking about planning a family ski trip? Now are you preparing yourself for the sticker shock? No need to worry... skiing doesn't have to break the bank! Yes, you heard me right, there is an affordable family ski mountain out there (and no, you don't need to wait until there is a full moon on a Tuesday that doesn't fall between the blackout dates of December through March in order to take advantage of the savings).
Ski & Ride For Less at Oak Mountain
Oak Mountain in Speculator, NY is one of the Adirondack's best kept secrets. This family-friendly ski mountain boasts some of the most affordable downhill skiing and riding in New York State. Owners Laura and Matt O'Brien (along with their daughter Madison) and the O'Brien family pride themselves in their ability to offer all the perks you would come to expect at a ski area at prices families can afford. But, just because the lift tickets are much cheaper than most mountains, does not mean that the amenities are lacking. Oak Mountain features:
- Well-groomed terrain for everyone from beginners to expert skiers and riders.
- 3 Lifts (quad chair and 2 t-bars)
- Snowmaking on more than 30% of the Mountain
- Ski & snowboard school
- Rental packages
- Night skiing
- Racing hill
- Snowboard park (with 22 park features)
- 4 lane tubing hill with lift
- Acorn Pub & Eatery featuring Executive Chef Louis Petrozza (a.k.a Chef Lou, runner up on season 4 of Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsay)
- Live music on Saturdays
- Mountain Bike Terrain Park (in the summer)
- Special events
- and more!
Always Low Prices!
Lift tickets are just a fraction of the price of many other ski areas. For the 2014-2015 ski season full day lift tickets start at only $38 for adults and $27 for juniors. Children under 5 and seniors 70 and over ski FREE! Military discounts and group discounts are also available.
4 hour lift tickets are also available, making the Mountain convenient and even cheaper for everyone! Plus, the 4 hour lift tickets are not set for a fixed time like some half day lift tickets. You check in for your 4 hour ticket when it fits into your schedule. I personally love to be able to take advantage of the first runs of the day.
BUY YOUR LIFT TICKETS ONLINE & SAVE MORE!
Just because lift tickets are already affordable doesn't mean that there aren't even more savings to be had at Oak Mountain!
If you know when you plan on visiting Oak Mountain, you can purchase your tickets in advance. Even better, these advance tickets don't need to be purchased months out, they can be purchased up to the day before you arrive at Oak. In some cases you can save up to an additional 63% on your advance tickets. Passes pre-purchased online can be found for as cheap as $13.99 for students and $17.99 for adults. These deep discounts can be found on Oak Mountain's website and Liftopia.com.
Oak Mountain Packages
Lift tickets are not the only advance prices you can save on. Oak Mountain also offers a variety of packages:
SKI & STAY PACKAGES
Lake Pleasant Lodge
- Ski or Ride for 2 consecutive days at Oak for only $50.00 per person and receive $10.00 off your room rates at the Lake Pleasant Lodge in Speculator. 2 person package. $78.00 Savings!
Here is a quick rundown of some of the other house packages Oak Mountain offers online at Liftopia.com:
- 1 day lift ticket and a $10.00 lunch voucher starting at $20.99
- 1 day lift ticket and ski or snowboard rental package starting at $39.99
- 1 day lift ticket and craft beer starting at $17.49
- 2-hour tubing starting at $11.00
- 4-hour tubing starting at $14.00
- Combo lift tickets and tubing are also available. Visit Oak Mountain's website for details.