Once a telegraph office, now an art gallery.
Fine art and more in the center of Old Forge. Opened in 2010, this family operated gallery and boutique specializes in fine art and handmade goods and provides a full-service custom framing shop. A curated mix of interesting goods showcases a wide variety of jewelry, woodwork, ceramics, paintings, photography and more. Fun and friendly, the gallery hosts several special events, artist receptions, craft parties and book signings every month.
Originally a telephone office, the building has also housed many past businesses including a TV repair shop and candle shop. Owned and operated by the Weal family; husband and wife David and Paula and their daughter Linda, an Old Forge native, worked in the building when it was a telephone office. Linda Weal formerly served at the local arts center, View, as the curator, and worked at teh Cleveland Museum of Art.
2018 Paid Member of the Inlet Area Business Association
Local crafts, country and Indian design gifts, fragrant balsam fir and cedar products, jewelry, maps, books, and much more.
Open daily from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Finders Keepers has handmade artisan gifts, T-shirts, jewelry, and candy, as well as a coffee shop with latte , cappuccino, frappes, and smoothies.
Open Memorial Day to Columbus Day, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Bay Café and Market is a place where you can eat real food that tastes great, get a cup of coffee or an espresso drink, enjoy a brick oven pizza, do a bit of shopping, and meet a local and have a chat. We are a friendly place always eager to hear about you and your adventures. Whether you opt for indoor seating or sitting outside to enjoy the view, we'll make sure you feel like you belong. Even if you do take out, we'll still make you feel like that!
The Bay Cafe is well known for its desserts, and our case is always stocked with delicious goodies. You can also find gluten-free and vegan items. Come join us for breakfast, lunch, pizza, or dessert.
We are open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Making custom jewelry, portraits and other art by order. You can find some of our work on display at the Speculator Department Store.
We know a thing or six at the ADK Trading Post. If we don't have it, you probably don't need it! Whether you want to find a gift to take home to your cat sitter, or supplies for your next camping and fishing trip, you can find it at the ADK Trading Post.
Stock up during your next Adirondack Vacation
- Locally made candles, pillows, quilts, paddles and hats.
- Books, Maps, and Calendars - Interested in Adirondack History? How about cooking? Local fiction and biographies? A map for your next hike?
- Games and Toys - Find something to wile away the hours around the campfire. Or a plush animal for your little ones.
- Jewelry - Bring a little of the Adirondacks home with you with sterling silver loon earrings and garnet necklaces.
- Specialty Foods -We have a wide variety of cheeses, meats, produce and international foods in our rustic roadside shop to make your next meal memorable.
- Worms - Because there's nothing more frustrating than a fishing pole, a beautiful Adirondack lake, and nothing to fish with!
- Patches - Hiking one of the 46 High Peaks? We have the patches! We also have in stock our exclusive Coney Mountain and Owl's Head Mountain patches.
- And MORE! - What's 'MORE'? You'll just have to stop by and find out!
also offering Daily Lunch Specials!
Re-Opening May 26 with limited hrs. June 17 Tues. - Sat. 10-5 Sun. 12 - 4
Walk-in projects * Art and gift gallery * uncommon art supplies
Adk. charms and Whimsy * Fun and Inspiration