Inlet's Winter Carnival
Annual event held the last Saturday in February
The 17th annual Frozen Fire & Lights will be held on Saturday, February 23, 2019
Fern Park (11 Loomis Road, Inlet, NY) and Arrowhead Park (160 Route 28, Inlet, NY)
New for 2019! We are going to be flying kites! Don't miss it!
There will be a kite decorating workshop and then someone from the American Kitefliers Association will show us the correct way to fly our freshly decorated kites.
Thank you to Kiwanis Club of the Central Adirondacks, the Scott Stuart Fund for Inlet and The Woods Inn for making the kites possible!
Please note - there will not be any 120 races this year.
Free sledding, ice skating, snowshoeing , and cross-country skiing at Fern Park all day, every day! Bring your own equipment. Skate, ski, and snowshoe rentals are available downtown at Pedals & Petals.
Schedule (subject to change):
- 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Free Pancake Breakfast & Rummage Sale at Inlet Community Church. Benefits their Mexico Mission trip to build an orphanage.
- 10 a.m. - Coronation in front of Inlet Town Hall.
- 10 a.m. - Noah's Ark Animal Workshop in the Senior Room of Inlet Town Hall. Make your own stuffed animal. Benefits the Inlet Youth Commission.
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Free Face Painting in the Senior Room of Inlet Town Hall.
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Book Sale at the Inlet Public Library.
- 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Skishoe Demos at Fern Park
- 1 p.m. - Cardboard Sled Race at Fern Park. Registration begins at 12:15 p.m. in the warming room of the pavilion. Click here for a registration form. Click here for a printable cardboard sled poster.
- 1-3 p.m. - Pizza Tasting at The Bay Cafe and Market
- 2-4:30 p.m. - Kite Decorating & Flying at The Woods Inn. 60 free kites will be handed out! Decorating starts at 2:00 in the dining room area, and flying will take place on Fourth Lake. Click here for a registration form. Click here for a printable kite poster.
- 3-5 p.m. - Free Wine Tasting at Fourth Lake Wine & Spirits.
- 4-6 p.m. - Happy Hour at The Woods Inn.
- 5 p.m. - Bonfire at Arrowhead Park. **Please note - there will be "treats" this year.**
- 7 p.m. - Fireworks* at Arrowhead Park over the frozen snow and ice.
- 7-10 p.m. - Live Music at The Woods Inn.
- After the fireworks - Wine & Chocolate Sampling at Matt's Draft House @ Screamen Eagle Pizza.
This year's fireworks compliments of: Adirondack Bank, Adirondack Fairway B&B, Adirondack Images, Adirondack Reader, ADK Little Cabins, Amidon - The Building Specialists, Big Moose Yamaha, BJ Queen Enterprises, Tim Brownsell, Burkhard-Evans, Buzz Chew Racing, Central Adirondacks Association, Clark Energy, Clark's Marina, Construction Effects, Daiker's, Deer Meadows Motel & Cottages, Lynn Durkin, Eagle Bay Village, EZ Mart, Fourth Lake Wine & Spirits, Frisky Otter Tours, Great Pines, The Grill Room @ McCauley Mt., Inlet Area Business Association, Inlet Barnstormers Snowmobile Club, Inlet Department Store, Inlet Golf Club, Inlet Marina, Holly Koeppe, Levi Lumber, Sue Lockyer & Tera Arey, Marina Motel, MJM Creations, The Ole Barn, Pedals & Petals, Peter's Cottages, Raquette Lake Supply, Risley & Townsend Home Improvement, Rocky Point Properties, Chip & Cindy Sauer, Screamen Eagle Pizza, Scott Stuart Fund for Inlet, Seventh Lake House, Jane Slack, Penny Stuart, Sunset Beach Cottages, Eric Sutherland, The Toboggan Inn, TPD&B Bus Services, The Tavern, The Woods Inn.
Help us improve Fern Park. Take our survey! www.surveymonkey.com/r/fernpark