Inlet's Winter Carnival
Annual event held the last Saturday in February
The 19th annual Frozen Fire & Lights will be held on Saturday, February 27, 2021
Fern Park (11 Loomis Road, Inlet, NY) and Arrowhead Park (160 Route 28, Inlet, NY)
We will be flying kites again! Don't miss it!
There will be a kite decorating workshop and then someone from the American Kitefliers Association will show us the correct way to fly our freshly decorated kites.
Thank you to Kiwanis Club of the Central Adirondacks, the Scott Stuart Fund for Inlet and *The Woods Inn for making the kites possible!
Free sledding, ice skating, snowshoeing , and cross-country skiing at Fern Park all day, every day! Bring your own equipment. Skate, ski, and snowshoe rentals are available downtown at *Pedals & Petals.
2020 Schedule (subject to change):
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Free Pancake Breakfast & Rummage Sale at *Inlet Community Church. Benefits their Mexico Mission trip to build an orphanage.
- 10 a.m. - Coronation in front of Inlet Town Hall.
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Noah's Ark Animal Workshop in the Senior Room of Inlet Town Hall. Make your own stuffed animal. Benefits the Inlet Youth Commission. Click here for a printable animal poster.
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Free Face Painting in the Senior Room of Inlet Town Hall.
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Book Sale at the *Inlet Public Library.
- 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Skishoe Demos at Fern Park
- 1 p.m. - Cardboard Sled Race at Fern Park. Registration begins at 12:15 p.m. in the warming room of the pavilion. Click here for a registration form. Click here for a printable cardboard sled poster.
- 1-4 p.m. - Free Wine Tasting at *Fourth Lake Wine & Spirits.
- 2:30-4 p.m. - Kite Decorating & Flying at *The Woods Inn. 200 free kites will be handed out! Decorating starts at 2:30 under the pavilion, and flying will take place on Fourth Lake. Click here for a registration form. Click here for a printable kite poster.
- 4-6 p.m. - Happy Hour at *The Woods Inn.
- 5 p.m. - Bonfire at Arrowhead Park. **Please note - there will be "treats" this year.**
- 7 p.m. - Fireworks* at Arrowhead Park over the frozen snow and ice. Click here for a printable fireworks poster.
- 7-10 p.m. - Live Music at *The Woods Inn.
- After the fireworks - Wine & Chocolate Sampling at *Matt's Draft House @ Screamen Eagle Pizza.
2020's fireworks compliments of: *Adirondack Fairway B&B, *Adirondack Images, *ADK Little Cabins/Greg Rudd Pottery, *The Bay Cafe & Market/Amidon Building, *Tim Brownsell, *Burkhard-Evans, *Daiker's, *Lynn Durkin, *Fourth Lake Wine & Spirits, *Frisky Otter Tours, *Holly Koeppe, *Inlet Department Store, *The Ole Barn *Pedals & Petals, *Red Dog Tavern, *Screamen Eagle, *Jane Slack, *Stiefvater's Lakeside Cottages, *Sunset Beach Cottages, *The Tavern, *The Woods Inn, Adirondack Bank, Adirondack Reader, Anty Trucking, Big Moose Yamaha, BJ Queeen Enterprises, Buzz Chew Racing, Central Adirondack Association, Clark's Energy, Construction Effects, Eagle Bay Village, French Louie ADK Sports, Inlet Barnstormers Snowmobile Club, Inlet Golf Club, Inlet Marina, Levi Lumber, Susan Lockyer & Tera Arey, Marina Motel, Raquette Lake Supply, Richard Lutz Building & Mechanical, Scott Stuart Fund for Inlet, Penny Stuart, Eric Sutherland.
Complimentary 2020 refreshments during the fireworks provided by: *Mary's White Pine Bakery, *The Grill Room @ McCauley, *Kalil's Grocery, *Screamen Eagle, *Tamarack Cafe, with help from: *ADK Little Cabins, *The Caboose, *Fourth Lake Wine & Spirits, *Great Pines, and *Inlet Community Church.
The 2020 kites on the ice is made possible by Kiwanis Club of the Central Adirondacks, the Scott Stuart Fund for Inlet, *The Woods Inn and *ADK Little Cabins, with help from members of the American Kitefliers Association who were welcomed by the following: *Inlet Department Store, *Lynn Durkin, *Kalil's Grocery Store, *Pedals & Petals, *Red Dog Tavern, *Screamen Eagle,
*Paid member of the Inlet Area Business Association.
Help us improve Fern Park. Take our survey! www.surveymonkey.com/r/fernpark